Electronics & Battery Recycling
Electronics and Battery Recycling Services
We at edgetechinc.com handle responsible recycling of two-way radio batteries. Rather than toss the old radios in the trash, a more responsible way to dispose of them would be to recycle your two-way radios. This solution would be what is best for your environment and your community. Two-way radios do contain some potentially hazardous materials, like mercury and lead. If two-way radios are not disposed of properly they can become harmful to the environment and human health.
The same thing goes with Walkie talkies as they also contain hazardous metals. Rather than let these materials sit in a landfill, it is our responsibility to properly recycle old walkie talkies to help provide a cleaner environment and reuse what materials we can. Recycling also provides jobs in our communities and around the world, so while you are recycling your old two-way radios you are also supporting local and global economies. Simply contact edgetechinc if you have old walkie talkies or two-way radio batteries. We are a licensed participant and do recycling of nickel-cadmium, nickel-metal hydride & lithium-ion batteries for communications products. If you have a large number of batteries for recycling, or if you have any questions regarding battery recycling in your area, please contact us immediately.
Walkie-Talkie Rechargeable batteries and Toxins
In the case of Ni-MH and Ni-Cad batteries, they contain toxins that can be harmful and have a serious environmental impact if they enter into the solid waste stream. Cadmium can escape from the battery and cause both environmental and health issues. Ni-MH batteries have mild toxins and in certain countries, it is illegal to dispose of them in the trash. With Li-ion batteries, the metals used in their manufacture are not intrinsically hazardous, but there is a significant problem with the sheer number of them that end up every year in landfills.
Recycle two-way radio batteries – It’s Easy!
The explosion of portable hand-held devices like two-way radios, cell phones, and other essential devices puts an enormous burden on the environment and threatens the health and well-being of future generations. However, with responsible environmental stewardship, we can reverse that dangerous trend. When you recycle rechargeable batteries from your two-way radios, your small contribution can have a big positive impact. Fortunately, it is very easy to recycle two-way radio batteries. Major two-way radio manufacturers like Hytera are associated with rechargeable battery manufacturers. All rechargeable batteries are valid for limited time period and once this period end they must be properly discarded. When a battery is no longer capable of maintaining an acceptable charge or charge life, it should be discarded.
While handling batteries, you need to follow these precautions -
- Don't utilize batteries for something besides their proposed reason.
- Don't turn around charge or invert associate a battery. In the event that the battery does not flawlessly associate with a charger or gear, don't constrain it.
- Avoid cheating a battery at high flows. Additionally, don't puncture the battery with any item as the battery may crack, break, smoke and burst into fire.
- Avoid short-circuiting the battery when it isn't being used. Short-circuiting the battery will harm it and can produce heat that can cause consumes.
- Don't leave the battery in the charger once it is completely energized.
- Never endeavor to charge a battery that has been physically harmed.
- Don't dismantle a battery. The battery science might be harmful and could harm skin or apparel.
- Avoid tossing batteries in flame or water. Batteries tossed in flame will burst and can detonate.
We at edgetechinc.com provide end to end solutions from collection to recycling, based on your needs. If you have any waste electronic equipment or battery, get in touch with us as we know how to handle everything with our recycling services.